Find your next legal job
We are delighted to be supporting this organisation in its recruitment for Legal Counsel. This innovative company has this newly created role within its Hamilton office. In this position, you will support the company’s UK operations. The ideal candidate will be 3 – 6 years’ PQE with a background in commercial contracts. Experience in IP/IT and data protection would be desirable. The role will have a focus on supporting its growing IT services business, as well as the wider UK business. The individual will report directly in to our Associate General Counsel for the EMEA region, working as part of the legal team supporting this region.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Deliver timely and high-quality legal advice to the business in a practical and commercially focussed way in relation to all relevant matters that reduce risk, resolve issues and maximise the opportunity for the business to deliver on its goals.
• Contribute to several legal projects and/or legal change management activity, acting as the subject level expert around applicable laws and regulations.
• Maintain up to date legal knowledge on all areas relevant to business.
• Advise internal clients (e.g. sales, HR, Finance, Operations, Marketing and service delivery teams) and senior management on legal issues and risks, company policies and procedures, compliance with laws, and contracts.
• Draft and negotiate commercial contracts entered by the business, providing training on this matter to the wider business.
• Assist the business to resolve disputes and manage day to day litigation.
• Flag potential legal risks to senior management and propose practical mitigation options to ensure that risks are avoided or reduced.
• Respond to legal requests from internal clients, summarising and communicating legal concepts and recommendations that can be clearly understood and acted upon.
• Ensuring broad legal compliance including Data Protection legislation (GDPR).
• Assist with legal research and projects as directed, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, compliance training, Human Resources matters, and handling legal disputes.
• Assist in finding ways to save costs and increase margins.
If this position interests you, please get in touch with Cameron or Frasia for an initial and confidential discussion on 01294 850501. (Assignment 10942)
This leading firm has a new interesting role, within its growing Aberdeen office, for a commercial lawyer.
This leading IT business require an experienced commercial contracts lawyer join its organisation in Glasgow as commercial manager.
This distinguished US law firm is seeking an experienced Intellectual Property Litigation Associate to join its London office.
This Top 10 Global Law Firm is expanding its Scottish Technology team and require an associate.
FWA is delighted to be exclusively partnering with sportscotland for the recruitment of an interim Senior Legal Officer within its Glasgow based office.
We are delighted to be supporting this organisation in its recruitment for Legal Counsel.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this large successful team. You will deal with a range of projects from PLC house builders, regional housebuilders, mixed-use developments, mixed use investor
This is an exciting opportunity to join this in-house organisation on an interim basis for up to 12 months in Dundee.
This financial services organisation is currently recruiting for a commercial solicitor to join its corporate services team in Edinburgh.
This is a unique opportunity to join this in-house organisation.